When it comes to the Brother PE770 embroidery machine, one of the most important questions to ask is, “What size bobbins should I use?” After all, if you’re using the wrong size bobbins, you could run into some serious problems with your machine.
Fortunately, the answer to this question is pretty straightforward. For the Brother PE770 embroidery machine, you should always use Class 15 bobbins. These are the most standard-size bobbins available and are compatible with most Brother sewing and embroidery machines. Let’s learn more about this topic!
Choosing the Perfect Bobbins for Your Brother pe770 Embroidery Machine
Class 15 bobbins are the same size as the plastic bobbins that come with the Brother PE770 embroidery machine. They are 1-inch in diameter and 7/16-inch thick, with a central hole that’s 1/2 inch in diameter. This size bobbin is designed to fit perfectly into the machine’s bobbin case, and it should be easy to find at any craft or fabric store.
When purchasing bobbins for the Brother PE770, you should buy the right type. While Class 15 bobbins are the standard size, some Brother machines require a different type of bobbin. For example, the Brother SE400 series machines require SA156 bobbins. It’s important to double-check the size of the bobbins before making a purchase.
It’s also important that you’re using the right type of thread for your bobbins. For the Brother PE770, you should use a polyester or rayon thread. This type of thread is designed for use in embroidery machines and is strong enough to handle the high speeds of the PE770.
Finally, make sure you’re using the right weight of thread for your bobbins. Most Brother embroidery machines require a 40-weight thread, but it’s always best to double-check the instructions manual before selecting a thread weight.
In summary, when it comes to selecting bobbins for the Brother PE770 embroidery machine, the answer is simple: Class 15 bobbins. These are the most standard-size bobbins available and are compatible with most Brother machines.
Tips for Choosing the Best Bobbins for Your Brother PE770
Some tips to help you choose the best bobbin for your machine:
- Choose the right size bobbin for your Brother PE770. Your manual should tell you what size bobbin you need. Most Brother PE770 models require Class 15 bobbins.
- Choose high-quality bobbins that are designed specifically for the Brother PE770. Generic bobbins may not fit properly or may not be compatible with the machine.
- Make sure the bobbins are made from strong, durable materials such as plastic or metal. Plastic bobbins are the most economical option, but metal bobbins are more durable and will last longer.
- Consider purchasing pre-wound bobbins for convenience. Pre-wound bobbins are already filled with thread, so you don’t have to worry about winding them yourself.
- You can purchase bobbins in bulk If you’re on a budget. Buying in bulk can save you money in the long run.
- Finally, choose the bobbins that are compatible with your Brother PE770. Read the product description carefully before you purchase.
Troubleshooting Common Bobbin Problems with the Brother PE770
Now we shall see troubleshooting common bobbin problems with your machine:
1. Bobbin Thread Not Showing on Top Side
Install the bobbin case properly installed in the machine and see that your thread is properly wound. Make sure the bobbin thread is not inserted too tight and the bobbin winder is disengaged.
2. Bobbin Thread Not Pulling Up
This happens if your bobbin thread is caught in the bobbin case or machine or in the case where the bobbin thread is inserted too tight. Check the tension on the top thread and adjust as needed.
3. Bobbin Thread Tangled
If the bobbin thread is tangled, first check if the bobbin thread is not inserted too tight. Also, the bobbin case needs to be properly installed and the thread is properly wound. Ensure that the bobbin winder is disengaged.
4. Bobbin Thread Not Feeding
Check if the bobbin case is properly installed and the thread is properly wound. Make sure the bobbin winder is engaged. Also, look if the bobbin thread is not inserted too tight and the tension on the top thread is adjusted correctly.
5. Thread Breaking
If you are having frequent thread breaks when using the Brother PE770, it is likely due to an issue with the bobbin. It can happen if the bobbin is not correctly threaded and if the thread is tangled. Fix them and see if the bobbin is correctly inserted into the machine and that is not overfilled.
6. Thread Bunching
If the thread is bunching up during use, it is likely due to an issue with the bobbin tension. Try adjusting the tension on the bobbin case to see if that fixes the issue. Additionally, make sure that the bobbin is correctly threaded and that the thread is not tangled.
Bobbin Maintenance Tips for the Brother PE770
Here are some tips for better bobbins maintenance in your Brother pe770:
- The bobbin is seated properly in the bobbin case.
- Replace the bobbin when it becomes worn or frayed.
- Clean the bobbin area periodically with a lint-free cloth.
- Clean the feed dogs periodically with a lint-free cloth.
- Make sure the bobbin thread is tensioned correctly.
- Replace the needle regularly to avoid skipped stitches and thread breakage.
- Cleanse the needle plate and bobbin area before each use.
- Check all the connections between the bobbin and the machine.
- Use a bobbin case spring that is in good condition.
- Disengage the bobbin winder before sewing.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Are Other Sizes And Types Of Bobbins Compatible With The Brother Pe770?
No, only Class 15 plastic side bobbins are compatible with the Brother PE770.
What Brand Of Bobbins Should I Use With The Brother Pe770?
Brother, Mettler, and Gutermann are all compatible brands of bobbins that you can use with the Brother PE770.
In conclusion, what size bobbins for Brother PE770 embroidery machines is a very important decision that needs to be made with caution. The size of the bobbin must be compatible with your particular machine and the type of fabric you are working with.
Always read the manufacturer’s instructions for the best results. The size of the bobbin will determine the amount of thread that you can use for each project, as well as the overall results. With the right size bobbin for your Brother PE770, you will be sure to get the best results from your projects.